I recently download the new Google Photos app for iOS, and I noticed that my photos are only uploaded when I have the app opened and in focus.

Groundwork app refresh is on for the app.

Is there another setting I can tweak to get in upload even when I'chiliad non using it? Otherwise I need to remember to open it from time to fourth dimension to accept my pictures safely backed up.

Is this a limitation in iOS that cannot exist worked around? Is it something that should be programmed in the app itself and information technology's non?

asked May 31, 2015 at 0:51

user avatar

2

  • I had the same issue, but the one.0.1 release, which came out yesterday, seemed to fix it for me

    May 31, 2015 at two:51

  • I take the ane.0.ane only doesn't seem to upload it when running in background... I tried Google+, it works. However I wish Google Photo piece of work as I do not utilize Google+

    user130685

    Jun 5, 2015 at 10:19

3 Answers 3

Simply make sure the app refresh feature is enabled for Google Photos, enable car-sync and when you're on wifi AND your phone is plugged in to a power source...it will go on to backup. Chief consequence people take is not having your iPhone plugged in. :)

answered Jun v, 2015 at 16:38

user avatar

vi

  • Where does it say it needs to be plugged in?

    Nov 13, 2015 at xiv:44

  • I installed Google Photos 1.5.0.31340, and it inconsistently experiences the aforementioned problematic symptoms described in the above question. I've tried all the suggestions @Cenner mentions in the above answer, and the but thing that consistently works is to run Google Photos in the foreground, without locking my iPhone. I'chiliad running iOS 8.4 (12H143).

    Nov 29, 2015 at 17:50

  • In example it makes a deviation: I'yard employing the "Original / full resolution" photos upload option.

    November 29, 2015 at 18:eighteen

  • I've as well tried @Mark's proposition (in another answer), and closing and re-opening Google Photos. The only thing I tin think of I haven't nonetheless tried is rebooting my iPhone.

    Nov 29, 2015 at 20:22

  • My iphone has sync enabled, is on wifi and plugged in every dark, but has failed to sync for several days now. You accept to accept the app open, or enable 'Groundwork App Refresh' as per the other answer.

    May 20, 2018 at 10:44

So I was experiencing the same issue and turning off background app refresh in for Google Photos under the settings app and and so turning it dorsum on seemed to do the trick for me. Also when phone is in power saving mode groundwork upload also disabled.enter image description here

user avatar

answered Jun 18, 2015 at 4:sixteen

user avatar

Google Photos does non machine upload when photographic camera capture a photo; so y'all need open up Google Photos to browse the album, then setup allow background refresh for Google Photos.

answered Nov 9, 2017 at 6:37

user avatar

You must log in to answer this question.

Non the answer y'all're looking for? Browse other questions tagged iphone ios photos .